Thank you for your interest in submitting a short film to the Monroe County Civic Theater! Our goal is to encourage local filmmakers to share their work by promoting their short films through our platforms. You may submit an already existing short film (film production date must not be earlier than January 2018) or a brand new short film.
Our experienced MCCT staff is also willing to help you through the filming process by workshopping your scripts and suggesting ideas, and assistance.
- We are accepting short films from all genres (comedy, drama, mystery, horror, narrative, documentary, experimental, etc.)
- You must work or reside in Bloomington, Indiana
- The film production date must not be earlier than January 2018
- If your film hasn’t been filmed yet, we’d like for you to take precautions against the spread of Covid-19 (such as wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, getting a vaccine). We can discuss this more with you prior to your filming.
- The maximum length of your film must be 40 minutes
- A description of the film is required, no more than 300 words
- We only select films that are free for audiences
- Your film submission must be approved by our MCCT staff
In August of 2020, Maryann Iaria wrote a script entitled The Reunion. With a little help from her friends and MCCT staff members, she was able to bring her vision to life. The film was recorded over Zoom, and it was edited with Windows Movie Maker. We hope Maryann’s film provides you with a template and opens your mind to possibilities. You can view her short film here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
To submit your completed short film or your short film proposal, please contact us at – monroecountycivictheatre@
We’ll also be happy to answers any questions you may have.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!