Katelin Hope Vesely is directing this Bloomington, IN musical cabaret of Queen/Freddie Mercury songs and they already have rehearsals for some acts underway, but she has received a new employment position that will prevent her from attending the first hour or two of each rehearsal beginning May 7th (this won’t be the case during performances and hopefully tech week). She is looking for someone to help with the logistical and organizational side of rehearsals. Each musical number is being directed by a Musical Director and so her directorial presence will be focused on casting lead vocalists, conveying thematic ideas, and helping to outsource resources and personnel (such as choreographers, costumers, lighting designers, etc).
Rehearsals begin at approximately 6:30pm Sunday, Monday, and Thursday, so this individual would need to arrive and be available from 6 until 9pm those nights. Rehearsals on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings will begin pending procuring rehearsal space for those evenings, and we are considering some Friday and Saturday rehearsals depending on cast availability. Some aspects of this schedule are negotiable for this position.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Opening the building for the rehearsal space before cast arrives to each rehearsal (as necessary)
- Providing help designing logistics for the rehearsal schedule, what will be rehearsed, and who will attend
- Creating a roll call list for each rehearsal
- Emailing and facebook posting about each rehearsal the night before or morning of
- Creating a checklist/sign in sheet and checking off who is there
- Making sure that everyone has materials necessary (may include facilitating printing)
- Maintaining order at the rehearsals
- Providing insight, answering questions, troubleshooting, recording questions for later
- Taking notes about what gets done (including choreography notes) and what needs to be worked on
- Filling in for any lead vocalist who is missing (quality of singing isn’t being judged, this can be worked around if an otherwise qualified applicant objects to this responsibility)
Monroe County Civic Theater is Bloomington’s only all-volunteer, amateur community theater company. While this position is unpaid, it can be listed on a resume and is a good reference when wanting to show management experience. This show already has 4 musical directors, an assistant director, a venue liaison, outreach coordinators, and a great cast. Please email Katelin at email@example.com to ask questions and/or arrange for an interview.
Thanks for your support!